Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Opinions and Goals for the New School Year

Hello, my name is Angela and I am currently a sophomore in high school.  I created this blog for the 2014-2015 school year to write posts for my history class and share my opinions on material from some of our lessons.  In this first post, I will write about my hopes for the incoming school year and what teachers can do to help me learn best.

School-books-laptop
http://iteachwithipads.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/school-books-laptop.jpg


After watching a youtube video featuring John Green (below) in history class last week, I thought more about my education and what I can do to make it better.  I realized that I have always learnt better with some teachers than with others.  In my opinion, teachers are "great" if they allow their students to take notes a lot, give study guides for exams, and listen to their students' feedback on their teaching style.  My favorite teachers from past years did all of those things as well as allowing for extra help when students were struggling before tests.  This year, I would like my teachers to fit my description of "great" and offer help to me if I am having trouble with lessons.  I will definitely have a better learning experience if my teachers have teaching styles that I prefer and they listen to their students.   

In the video I watched, John Green mentions that he supports students in school because they will grow up and eventually benefit their community.  The world needs smart people in it, and those people become who they are through their schools.  I think that if all the students in the world used their education to become great, smart people, then the world would be a better place to live in.  My goals for this school year are to get good grades in my classes and to balance my schoolwork with my activities successfully.  To achieve these goals, I will try not to procrastinate and pay attention to all instructions in my classes.  Any student can have a better school year by getting help from their teachers and following their goals, and they should try to use their education well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment